Crockpot Potato Soup
Crockpot Potato Soup couldn’t be any easier and is great comfort food. It’s cooked all day in the slow cooker and is great for a cold day. Top with bacon, cheese, and green onions for the ultimate potato soup. This soup is versatile – add broccoli or ham to give it a twist. This will become your go-to crockpot potato soup recipe.
CROCKPOT POTATO SOUP
I’m not handling this cold weather gracefully.
I know my husband dreams that someday we will move to somewhere colder but I really can’t do cold weather.
Like really. Today it was 39 degrees here in Florida and I wanted to huddle in a ball and do nothing all day. Is that normal?
Or are some people invigorated by the cold weather? I braved the cold during my college years and I don’t think I took off my pea coat the entire four years.
This soup has a really high taste to effort ratio. Sure I have this Creamy Chicken and Potato soup but this one is so easy!
HOW TO MAKE POTATO SOUP
You literally throw all of the ingredients in and walk away.
If you’re someone who gets scared from the one cream of chicken soup in this than you can make this Creamy Ham and Potato Soup. It’s great too.
Then if you’re a mean mom like me you’ll make your kids stir in some steamed broccoli. They actually didn’t mind at all.
Supposedly this is a Paula Deen recipe but I could not find the original recipe for this Creamy Potato Soup anywhere but I saw this at Worthy of the Prize. Enjoy!
If you don’t want to use frozen potatoes you can use fresh potatoes like Russet potatoes or Yukon Gold potatoes. Dice the potatoes and continue with the directions.
OTHER SOUP RECIPES
- Healthy Vegetable Chicken Soup
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup
- Cauliflower Soup
- Easy Tomato Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Creamy Chicken Potato soup
- Lasagna Soup
HOW TO MAKE CROCKPOT POTATO SOUP
In a slow cooker, combine potatoes, chicken broth, soup, onion, and pepper.
Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. If your potatoes are still in big chunks you need to cook it longer. They will start falling apart when it’s ready.
Add the cream cheese and cook 30 minutes or until cream cheese is melted, stirring occasionally, until combined.
Top with cheese, cooked bacon, or sliced green onions if desired.
OTHER POTATO RECIPES:
- Ultimate Twice Baked Potatoes
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Jalapeno Popper Mashed Potatoes
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes
- Ruth’s Chris Sweet Potato Casserole
- Scalloped Potatoes
- 1 (30 oz.) bag frozen hash-brown potatoes (I used cubed)
- 2 (14 oz.) cans chicken broth (see Note)
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, (more to taste)
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese (softened)
- Optional Toppings: cheese, bacon, sliced green onions
- In a slow cooker, combine potatoes, chicken broth, soup, onion, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. If your potatoes are still in big chunks you need to cook it longer. They will start falling apart when it's ready.
- Add the cream cheese and cook 30 minutes or until cream cheese is melted, stirring occasionally, until combined.
- Top with cheese, bacon, or sliced green onions if desired.
The soup is thick and creamy. Feel free to add more broth or some milk to thin it to your desired consistency.
Source: Paula Deen via Worthy of the Prize
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g