Cookie Dough Frosting
I’ve been tagged several times to list 5 things people don’t know about me. I tend to resist anytime I’m tagged but since Valentine’s Day is around the corner I thought it would be a great time to get to know each other better.
5 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me
1) I have an insanely strong sense of smell: I can smell what the guy four treadmills down from me had for breakfast and what cologne he wore on his date last night. Because my smelling senses are so strong, it can make small spaces like cars and airplanes almost unbearable. If I have to cook something in the crock-pot, I put it in the garage because otherwise the smell wakes me up all night long (even though my bedroom’s upstairs and the kitchen is downstairs). I think that’s also why I love food so much – because I can smell anything cooking within a one mile radius.
2) I’m the youngest of 10 kids and have 38 nieces and nephews.
3) I always sleep with my hair down and never on my stomach. Growing up my sisters told me that my hair would fall out if I slept in a ponytail and that I would be flat if I slept on my stomach.
4) My pet peeve is when people don’t look you in the eye when they are talking to you.
5) I remember everything. This was really true until I had kids and now my skill isn’t as sharp. I remember names from 20 years ago, what I was eating at almost any major or unmajor event, and birthdays. Sometimes I have to pretend that I remember less than I do, because in my experience it freaks people out when you know too much. I like to learn and that extends into learning things about everyone.
You already know I have a weakness for cookie dough. I’ve made this recipe for cookie dough frosting several times now. I got it from Sally’s Baking Addiction and everything from her site is good! My husband told to me to get rid of any other versions of this I might already have because this one is spot on. He’s been asked for the recipe many times so he asked if I could finally post it. Don’t worry, it’s egg-less.
Cookie Dough Frosting
The flavors of cookie dough in a wonderfully fluffy frosting.
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, softened to room temp
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons milk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- With a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar at medium speed. Add the vanilla and beat well. Add the flour and salt and mix until combined. Add the milk gradually until desired consistency is reached and beat until fluffy. Gently fold in chocolate chips. Frost cooled cupcakes. I like mine thick so I kind of spoon is on. Store in refrigerator.
Add less milk for a cookie dough to snack on or add more milk to make it into a dip!
Source: Sally's Baking Addiction