Greek Chicken Gyros are a healthy Greek marinated chicken recipe topped with fresh tzatziki sauce. You can make your own pitas or just eat the chicken with toppings by itself. This recipe can easily be made at home for a quick Greek dinner everyone will love! If you’re wondering how to make Chicken Gyros with warm pitas and tzatziki sauce, look no further.
Also, if you really want the flavors to blend make the tzatziki sauce the day before and marinate the chicken the day before.
Some Greek knowledge tidbits:
OTHER CHICKEN RECIPES:
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
- Hawaiian Grilled Chicken
- Crock Pot Italian Chicken
- Easy Crockpot Fiesta Chicken
- Crockpot Italian Chicken
- Cheesy Bean Chicken Salsa
- Baked Chicken Chimichangas
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- One- Pan Chicken and Spinach Orzo
These Greek Chicken Gyros are a healthy Greek marinated chicken recipe topped with fresh tzatziki sauce. You can make your own pitas or just eat the chicken with toppings by itself.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 regular cucumber peeled and seeded
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon (2-3 Tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 heaping Tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/4 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- To assemble: Pita bread
- Fresh tomatoes seeded and diced
- Red onion sliced thin
Shred the cucumber or chop in food processor. Wrap in a towel a squeeze to remove as much water as possible. Mix together the yogurt, shredded cucumber, garlic, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste, and lemon juice. Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld.
To prepare the chicken, combine the garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, yogurt, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste in a medium bowl. Whisk together until mixed well. Add the chicken pieces to the bowl and mix well to coat. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
Cook the chicken as desired, either in the skillet or with the broiler. Once the chicken is completely cooked through, transfer to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes.
Source: Annie's Eats