Chick Food…Fruit and Nut Salad
Fruit and Nut Salad
Chicken, fruit, and nuts - they pair perfectly with salad greens to make a great side dish or quick lunch for a crowd.
- 1 bunch green leaf lettuce chopped (I used two bags of prechopped Romaine lettuce)
- 2 Granny Smith apples peeled and cubed
- 2 cups strawberries sliced
- 2 cups red grapes halved
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 1/2 of a white onion
- 1 bag Dried Cherry Cranberry and Pecan Salad Pizazz (I found mine at Super Target by the bagged salad)
- 1 bottle Brianna’s Poppy seed or Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing sometimes we do half of each
- 1 4 ounce container crumbled feta (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Boil chicken with salt, pepper, and onion. Once cooled, cube chicken. Put everything in a large bowl. Toss with dressing right before serving. Serves 15-20 people.
1) You may not need the whole bottle of dressing.
2) If you can't find the Salad Pizzaz you can use 1/2 cup of cranberries and a half cup of pecans.
3) If you want to caramelize your own pecans do the following: In a skillet over medium heat, stir 1/4 cup sugar until melted. It will eventually melt if you just turn up the heat and wait. Continue stirring gently until sugar has melted and then toss in the pecans and keep stirring until they are coated. Carefully transfer nuts onto waxed paper. Allow to cool, and break into pieces.
Source: Amy Bench