Cheddar Ranch Chicken Burgers
These Cheddar Ranch Chicken Burgers are a family favorite. Grill them outside or broil them inside!
CHEDDAR RANCH CHICKEN BURGERS
Does the word “moist” freak you out? Moist, moist, moist, moist, moist, moist. For some reason the word “moist” can make a grown woman shudder and rock herself in the corner of the room. We eat a lot of chicken in our house and I love making burgers with ground chicken but sometimes the meat can be a little too moist. Now, no one likes dry burgers either but these are just right.
I spotted these Cheddar Ranch Chicken Burgers over at Julie’s Eats and Treats and knew my family would love them. We’ve made them several times in the last couple of weeks and they will definitely be on our summer menu. I recently met Julie at BlogHer Food. I already knew who she was from online and she probably now thinks I’m officially stalking her.
You can grill these, broil them in your oven, or even cook them in a pan on your stovetop. You can’t screw them up, I promise.
What’s genius about these burgers is that they have Panko crumbs in the meat mixture. The crunchy crumbs give the burgers and almost faux fried texture like the sandwiches at Chick-Fil-A. I added a little dry Ranch dressing to up the ranch flavor. If you don’t know what to do with the remaining Ranch dressing, believe me you’ll be making these again soon.
Form the mixture into 4 patties.
OTHER CHICKEN RECIPES
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- Chicken Parmesan Roll-Ups
- One-Pan Cheesy, Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice
- One-Pan Chicken Enchilada Skillet
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Skillet
- One-Pan Mexican Chicken and Rice
- One-Pan Monterey Chicken Pasta
- Baked Parmesan Caesar Chicken
- One-Pot Bacon Broccoli Pasta
- One-Pan Baked Ziti Skillet
- Tomato Basil Chicken Quinoa
- One-Pan Chicken and Spinach Orzo
Cheddar Ranch Chicken Burgers
Grill them outside or broil them inside, these cheddar ranch burgers will become your new family favorite either way!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs (Japanese bread crumbs found by the regular bread crumbs)
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon dried onion (or use finely chopped fresh onion)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon dry Ranch dressing mix (unprepared)
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 hamburger buns
- Optional Toppings: lettuce , prepared Ranch dressing
Preheat your grill to medium high or the broiler on your oven.
In a large bowl mix together the chicken, Panko crumbs, bread crumbs, onion, seasoned salt, garlic powder and dry ranch dressing.
Form chicken mixture into 4 patties. Place on oiled grill or greased broiler pan.
Grill/broil for 4-6 minutes on each side or until internal temp reaches 160 degrees. for the last minute of cooking place a slice of cheese on each burger to melt. Remove from grill/oven/
Spread butter on the inside of the buns. Place on broiler pan and broil for a few minutes until golden brown or on the grill for a couple of minutes. Put chicken burger on bun and top with additional prepared ranch dressing or desired condiment.
Source: slightly adapted from Julies Eats and Treats . All I did was omit the BBQ dressing and added dry ranch dressing to the meat.