Blueberry Croissant Puff
This Blueberry Croissant Puff is a delicious overnight breakfast dish that everyone will love. This is one of the most popular recipes on this blog. It is made from buttery croissants, fruit, and a cream cheese milk mixture that is baked until golden brown.
BLUEBERRY CROISSANT PUFF
I’ve eaten my weight in chicken noodle soup this week. Being sick is no fun at all. I’m having a hard time kicking it.
But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and am actually craving something that has to be chewed and not slurped.
I just have a hard time making time and room for every food in my life. It’s a tough problem.
But just in case you do in fact have something against blueberries, any fruit would be fabulous in this.
How can you go wrong with cut up buttery croissants, fruit, and a cream cheese milk mixture that is baked until golden brown.
The cream cheese is not overpowering at all and this would be perfect for breakfast or even dessert. This could be easily doubled and put in a 9X13 pan.
You can use fresh or frozen blueberries.
The mixture may seem wet but it soaks into all the layers of the croissants.
You could definitely double this in a 9×13 baking dish.
If you like this Blueberry Croissant Puff, you’ll like this:
Blueberry Croissant Puff
This Blueberry Croissant Puff is made from buttery croissants, fruit, and a cream cheese milk mixture that is baked until golden brown.
- 3 large croissants, cut up (about 5 to 5 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place croissant pieces in a 9 inch square pan. Sprinkle with blueberries.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer until well blended. Gradually add milk, beating well after each addition. Pour evenly over croissant pieces. Let stand 20 minutes or soak overnight.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until set in center and golden brown. You may want to cover it with foil for the last 10 minutes if the tops are getting too browned.
- Serve warm sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Variation: Instead of baking in a square pan bake individually. Place croissant pieces evenly in 10 (1/2-cup) ramekins; sprinkle with blueberries and pour cream cheese mixture evenly over croissant pieces. Let stand 20 minutes. Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until set in center and golden brown.
This can easily be doubled in a 9X13 pan.
Source: slightly adapted from Kraft