I asked my husband what he wanted for Father’s Day and he said that all he really wanted was to play a round of golf with his friends.
To me a request like that makes it sound like he NEVER gets to play golf, which isn’t the case at all.
After I thought about it for a while, I realized what he really was asking for.
I think what he meant to say is that he wanted to play a round of guilt-free golf. Yeah. That makes a lot more sense.
Not that I usually give him a hard time for playing golf. But he may subconsciously feel a little guilty and I may, without realizing it, have a involuntary tone of disgruntlement after he plays.
And you really think that it’s pure coincidence that the U.S. Open just happened to fall on Father’s Day weekend?
Absolutely not. Hours and hours of golf to be watched. It’s a conspiracy theory I’m telling ya.
OTHER APPETIZER RECIPES:
- Easy Feta Dip
- Killer Artichoke Bread
- BLT Dip
- Spinach Artichoke Cups
- Spinach Ranch Dip
- Mediterranean 7-Layer Dip
- Cowboy Caviar Dip
- Greek Salsa
- BLT Dip
- Warm Bacon Cheese Dip
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce jar) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeds removed and diced
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese or 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 French baguette, cut into 1/3 inch thick slices
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and toast lightly under the broiler. You barely want to toast them. I toasted mine for just one minute.
- In a medium bowl, mix marinated artichoke hearts, Romano or Parmesan cheese, red onion, crushed garlic, diced tomato and mayonnaise.
- Top the lightly toasted French baguette slices with equal amounts of the artichoke heart mixture being careful to spread the mixture over the entire surface.
- The edges of the bread will tend to burn if not covered by the artichoke mixture.
- Arrange slices in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Broil in the preheated oven 2 minutes, or until toppings are bubbly and lightly browned.