About the only time my husband and I agree on the thermostat is when I near the end of my pregnancy. For some reason my feet are always hot and I’m guilty of ripping of my pants in an exasperated fury of hotness while watching TV. Hormones.
I remember walking barefoot everywhere as a child in Arizona and even getting blisters on my feet from running to the mailbox on the pavement in the summer. There was one summer that it reached 123 degrees. Apparently Arizona’s on track for another one of those soon.
I admit that I’ve never been one for slaw. I was enticed by the easiness of this one and the fact that it had apples in it. It can’t get any easier than this.To add some color leave the skin on the apples and use one green and one red apple.
- 3/4 cup light Miracle Whip dressing
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 16 ounce package coleslaw mix (see Note for substitution)
- 2 apples 1 red and 1 green, cored and chopped
- Mix the dressing and honey in large bowl.
- Add the coleslaw and apples and mix together. The mixture might seem dry but it will be plenty once the mixture has chilled in the fridge since the cabbage will release some liquid. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate at least one hour to let the flavors blend.
Substitute 3 cups shredded green cabbage and 2 cups shredded red cabbage for the package of coleslaw blend.