So much flavor in these Grilled Chicken Tacos with Feta Cream that it’s hard to eat just one! Marinated chicken is grilled and topped with a spicy pico de gallo and topped with a whipped feta cream.
A couple of months ago, as part of the Old El Paso Freshest Bloggers, we met in Nashville to check out all of the local eats. Who knew Nashville was a hub for Mexican food? One of the places we stopped at was called Etch. They are known for their Turkish fish tacos with feta cream. It didn’t exactly sound appetizing but we were all surprised that it was our favorite of the entire food tour! The chef came out and talked to us about the dish. As she described what was in the feta cream I jotted down notes on my phone. That was the inspiration for these tacos. Of course, these aren’t fish and have a Mexican influence rather than Turkish.
I chose chicken tacos because it’s a blank canvas like fish. I marinated my chicken in a little lime, honey, olive oil, and taco seasoning.
Then I grilled them for a that perfect smokey grilled flavor. Next I made a pico de gallo. I really could eat pico de gallo on anything.
I added a little taco seasoning to my pico for some zing. Feta cream…can we talk about that? Amazing. I want to also put it on everything. A little cream cheese, feta, olive oil, milk, and lime juice. As my son tasted my creation he said, “Wow, there’s so much flavor!”
Glad to know I can impress an 11-year-old but my husband was also a really big fan of these. You’ll love these Grilled Chicken Tacos with Feta Cream!
|Grilled Chicken Tacos with Feta Cream|| |
- Chicken Marinade:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon Old El Paso taco seasoning
- Pico De Gallo:
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon Old El Paso taco seasoning
- ¼ cup cilantro, diced finely
- ¼ cup onion, diced finely
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and diced finely
- ¼ teaspoon garlic
- Squeeze of lime
- Feta Cream:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic (1 clove)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 4 Old El Paso taco boats soft flour tortillas
- For the marinade: In a medium bowl, add the chicken, lime juice, honey, and taco seasoning. Stir to coat. Marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- While chicken is marinating preheat a gas grill to medium high heat. When it is done marinating, discard marinade, oil grill, and grill for 5-7 minutes per side until chicken is no longer pink. Let chicken rest before slicing.
- For the Pico De Gallo: Combine all the ingredients for the pico de gallo in a small bowl and chill until serving. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- For the feta cream: Using a food processor or mixer, blend together all of the the ingredients and chill until serving.
- To assemble: Place chicken in taco boats and add feta cream and the pico de gallo on top.
This post was sponsored by Old El Paso. All thoughts and opinions are my own.