Nutella Cherry Cookies – only 5 ingredients and you have easy chocolate gooey cookies!
We went mattress shopping last weekend for date night. Sooo romantic. I personally love my bed. I dream about it when we’re sleeping on a hard full-sized mattress at my mom’s house (sorry mom). It’s a soft pillow-top mattress that you kind of melt into when you sleep. It’s beautiful. My husband on the other hand, hates our current mattress. I think it’s because he’s so big that he crushes the pillow top and ends up sleeping in a v-shape with his body. But since I don’t want him in pain, we went searching for a more supportive mattress.
The first store we went to the manager helped us and he was an expert on everything. The first mattress was firm but was supposed to give us the support we needed. He told us to close our eyes and whispered that my husband was feeling support in his back that he hadn’t felt since he was a child and that I was feeling support in my hips that I hadn’t felt since I was 11 (when I got hips apparently). This guy was good. So good that we looked around at a few others and then felt confident in choosing the first mattress, which according to him we won’t have to replace for 30 years because it’s not a pillow top.
Flash forward to today, two complete nights of sleeping on my new mattress, and I’ve had the worst sleep ever. The bed is so hard in comparison to my old bed that I feel like I’m sleeping on top of my kitchen table. My shoulder hurts. I have a migraine. I think the bed is going back.
These cookies though…it’s hard to believe that out of 5 ingredients you can get something as delicious as these. Not to mention we always happen to have Costco sized Nutella cans in our pantry. The chocolate mixed with the cherry and slight almond flavor is the bomb. You want to wrap as little dough as you can around the cherry to actually cover the cherry so that your cookie to cherry ratio is perfect.
Now that’s what I’m talking about…
|Nutella Cherry Cookies|| |
- 1 cup Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (measured correctly - see note)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 16 maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl (or using a stand mixer), add the nutella and egg. Cream together until combined. Add the flour and mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. The batter will be stiff.
- Take about 1½ tablespoons of dough and wrap around a cherry forming a ball. Basically, you want to use as little dough as you can while covering the cherry completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until dough is not wet. Let cookies cool on the pan as they will continue to bake there. If you like yours extra gooey try baking for less time (8-9 minutes). It will all depend on how big you make your cookies.