My friend Deborah, from Taste and Tell, just released a cookbook filled with the Best 100 Smoothies for Kids. If you follow me on Instagram you probably know that Deborah and I ate our way through San Diego last week. Trust me when I say that she loves food as much as I do. I had my kids look through the cookbook to pick out smoothies they wanted to try. Every single one we’ve made was delicious and healthy. Of course my kids immediately were drawn to this one. What kid doesn’t love peanut butter and jelly? And you know how around 3:30 the kids start whining about wanting a snack? A healthy smoothie is the perfect solution! All the recipes are free of added sugars and filled with fruits and veggies.
|PB&J Smoothie|| |
- 2½ cups milk
- 3 frozen underripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoon 100% fruit spread
- Pour the milk into a blender. Cut the bananas into slices and add them to the milk.
- Add the peanut butter and fruit spread. Blend until smooth.