This Hampton Sandwich is one of those fancy salads on a sandwich! Grilled chicken, arugula, Gorgonzola, craisins, pesto, and walnuts. Topped with some shaved Parmesan, it’s delicious. Eat it hot or cold. It’s good either way.
Back in college, there was a local sandwich place that I frequented often (Gandolfos). All of the sandwiches had names of places in and around New York. When I was coming up with this sandwich I knew I wanted something fresh. I thought of all the things I like in a good salad and piled them onto a bagel. Since the sandwich seemed somewhat refined and elite, I called it The Hampton. I’ve never been to the Hamptons but from what I’ve heard, it’s a classy place.
Can we talk about why we don’t eat all sandwiches on bagels? They’re amazing. You can toast them or leave them plain. Either way…so good. This sandwich has so many layers of flavor. Instead of mayo, pesto is spread on the bagel and topped with grilled chicken. Arugula adds a little freshness and bite while the sweetness of the cranberries compliment the tang of the Gorgonzola cheese. I tried this sandwich cold and warm and both ways were divine. Hope you love it as much as I did!
- 4 Thomas Plain bagels
- ½ cup basil pesto
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
- 1 cup arugula
- ¼ cup gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup walnuts, toasted
- Split 4 Thomas Plain bagels and spread each inside with 1 tablespoon of pesto.
- Divide the chicken evenly into fourths and place it on top of the pesto of the bottom slice of bagel.
- Layer ¼ cup of arugula on top of the chicken on each sandwich. Top 1 tablespoon each of dried cranberries, walnuts, gorgonzola, and Parmesan.
- Place the top bagel slice on top and serve.
- Tip: This sandwich can be served warm or cold. To serve warm, heat in the microwave after Step 2 until warm. Add toppings and serve. To add a little crunch, toast the bagels before preparing.
I was compensated by Thomas Breads. All thoughts and opinions are my own.