I just returned from a month long vacation and I think if eating were a sport I would be primed for the Olympics. Diet starts tomorrow. 😉
Remember these Orange Creamsicle Cookies I made forever ago reminiscent of the classic popsicle? Those were the inspiration for these Orange Creamsicle Muddy Buddies.
The flavor is bright and citrusy with the perfect combination of vanilla and orange. Like a 2-year-old, I ate so much I ruined my appetite for dinner. And I guarantee you will too.
I tried using white chocolate chips first since I always have those on hand but they never quite melt like I hope them too. I also tried adding orange juice to the coating but it made it seize up. For my second batch I used almond bark and it was the perfect texture and taste. The end result is a creamy coated crunchy cereal that tastes like summer.
- 9 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 16 ounces vanilla coating (like CandiQuik which can be found at Walmart and Target)
- 2 Tablespoons orange zest (about 2 oranges)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Place cereal in a large bowl.
- Melt vanilla coating according to package directions. Once mixture has melted, immediately pour over the cereal stirring and mixing until full coated. Sprinkle zest over the wet mixture and continue stirring to incorporate.
- Transfer mixture to a large sealed container (Tupperware) with a lid or a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add the powdered sugar and seal the container.
- Shake until thoroughly coated. Enjoy!