My mother is very thoughtful. My husband mentioned to her that he liked beef jerky when we were first married and every since then when we see her she has bags of beef jerky for him. She also knows I love See’s chocolates and always has a box in our room by our bed when we come to visit.
“Nope. It’s good hot.”
So this pasta salad would be a great cold side for tailgating or football parties…or as a warm scrumptious dinner. And I have to agree…it is really good warmed up.
And FYI mom, I will never, EVER get burnt out on See’s chocolates.
|Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad|| |
- 8 ounces small uncooked pasta (such as mezze penne)
- ½ cup Frank’s hot sauce
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- 2 cups precooked chicken or rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 1½ cups crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- (optional) ½ cup red onion, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente in adequately salted water. Drain and rinse thoroughly with cold water (If serving hot don't use cold water).
- While pasta is cooking, whisk together hot sauce, oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, and celery salt in small bowl until well combined.
- Place the pasta in large mixing bowl. Stir in chicken, blue cheese, carrots, celery, and onion (optional). Slowly mix in desired amount of dressing. You may not want to use all of the dressing.
- Can be served cold or hot. If serving cold, refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 6-8 Servings.
Source: Snappy Gourmet