My husband and I celebrated 10 years of marriage last week on a cruise to the Bahamas. We had a really good time but the only thing that put a damper on things is that I have a sinus infection and haven’t been able to smell or taste ANYTHING for over a week and a half. Which for a person who loves food as much as I do, is pretty much misery. But I continued to eat ice cream, chocolate, and all those naughty foods because I knew they were supposed to taste good.
On our anniversary we had a port stop in Key West and I was dying to taste all of the local food. Miraculously, as a special anniversary gift for the day, my sinuses opened up and I was able to spend the day just how I wanted…on a food crawl down Duval Street.
The eating was good….cookies as big as my head, key lime pie on a stick dipped in chocolate, fudge shops every 20 feet, and a stop for lunch at Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville.
I finally made it to the doctor today and am on some antibiotics so hopefully my taste is back soon. But yesterday when I had another brief moment of tasting, I made this dip. This dip is a refreshing and light orange flavored dip that pairs perfectly with fresh cut fruit. It almost tastes like an Orange Julius in dip form.
|Orange Creamsicle Fruit Dip|| |
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (3.4 ounce) small package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (6 ounce) container of frozen (concentrated) orange juice, slightly thawed
- Fruit for dipping such as strawberries, apples, grapes, pineapple
- Mix the whipped topping, vanilla pudding mix, and orange juice together until well combined. If needed add a little water to make it to the desired consistency.
- Prepare the fruit by washing and cutting it. Refrigerate dip until ready to serve.