I love chicken Parmesan because it’s a meal the whole family will eat without complaint. I usually make my SIL Kimi’s Parmesan Chicken which I’ve been making for years which is why my picture is terrible of it because I took it way back in the day. Although it’s not completely bad for you since it’s baked not fried it does use a lot of butter and could be lightened up a bit. I’ve seen a healthier version of this over at Skinny Taste and have wanted to try this because it’s almost identical to Kimi’s but healthified a bit down to 225 calories per serving. Gina has tons of awesome healthy recipes so check her out. John didn’t even know I had made any changes to our regular dish. I added some garlic and Italian seasonings and served this with a little whole wheat spaghetti!
|Skinny Chicken Parmesan|| |
- 4 (8 oz) chicken breast halves, sliced in half
- ¾ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- ¾ cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Italian seasonings in a shallow bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl. Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture. Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Lightly spray chicken with a little more cooking spray (this makes it crispy) and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, spoon sauce over chicken and top with shredded cheese. Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is done. Serve over whole wheat spaghetti or with a salad.