I had just bought a pack of 16 apples from Costco and was wondering how in the world I was going to eat all of them when I got an email from Marissa with her favorite apple muffin recipe. They are so easy. I literally had them in the oven in under 10 minutes. We sat down to watch the Olympics and I handed John a warm muffin.
He semi-shouted “Wow.”
I quickly scanned the TV to see what I had missed in the speed skating.
“No…the muffins. They’re really good.”
- 2 cups sugar (or use 1½ cups for a less sweet muffin)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups peeled, cored, diced apples (around 3 apples)
- Brown sugar for topping (around ½ cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pan with paper liners.
- Cream together sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla. Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon (I never sift and they turn out fine). Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix until combined. The batter will be very thick. Add the diced apples.
- Fill paper liners almost to the top, about ¾ of the way full. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-24 minutes. Makes 18 muffins.